Currently, plastic waste is a global environmental problem, negatively impacting the ecosystem, environment, organisms, human health, and threatening the sustainable development of countries worldwide. Vietnam and other countries around the world are taking many measures like campaigns and action programs against plastic waste. The workshop aims to create a forum for sharing and exchanging knowledge, research results, and creating a cooperative network and opportunities among managers, scientists, businesses and partners to join hands to solve the problem of plastic waste in Vietnam.
With the permission of Vietnam National University, Hanoi (VNU), the VNU-Central Institute for Natural Resources and Environmental Studies (VNU-CRES) in collaboration with the Institute for Tropical Technology, Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology (ITT), Vietnam Institute of Seas and Islands, Vietnam Administration of Seas and Islands (VASI) are going to hold an international workshop on “Marine Plastic Pollution in Vietnam: Current Situation and Solutions”.
Objectives of the workshop
- To gather and share information and, research results on theoretical and practical issues related to resolving the plastic waste problem in the oceans.
- To develop an action network to reduce plastic waste in Vietnam.
- The current situation of production and consumption of plastic products in Vietnam;
- Characteristics, distribution, pollution load and status of plastic waste across the Vietnamese’s sea;
- The impacts and ecological risks of plastic waste to ecosystems, environment, organisms and human health;
- New technologies and alternative products; plastic waste disposal technologies;
- Management, control and minimization solutions of plastic waste in the Vietnamese sea.
- Scientists, lecturers and staff of universities, institutes and research centers, domestic and foreign experts;
- Authorities from ministries and localities;
- Domestic and international organizations, enterprises and media agencies.
Time and venue of the Workshop:
– Time: 29th and 30th of November, 2019;
– Venue: 19 Le Thanh Tong, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi.
Registration and abstract submission
Please send registration form to attend the workshop before -November 1st, 2019 via email address: email@example.com or fill out online form at (online registration) Click here to download Registration form
- Deadline for Paper Abstract Submission: September 25th, 2019 via email: firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Deadline for Full-text Paper Submission follow Research paper writing guidline befor October 5th, 2019.
- Paper peer review results: October 6, 2019 – November 6, 2019
September 25th, 2019: Paper abstract submission
From September 26th to October 5th, 2019: Paper submission
October 6, 2019 – November 6, 2019: Paper peer review results
November 7 –14, 2019: Full-text Paper submission
November 15th, 2019: Presentation submission
For further information, please contact the Organizing Committee at:
MSc. Ngô Ngọc Dung – Secretariat of Conference
VNU-Central Institute for Natural Resources & Environmental Studies, Vietnam National University, Hanoi
No. 19 Lê Thánh Tông Street, Hoàn Kiếm District, Hà Nội
Tel: +84 024 3825 3506; Mobile : +84 903492789